Install a Custom Data Connector
Ready to use your custom data connector for Google Data Studio? Just follow these steps.
Create a new data source
If you are creating a new report,
- Create a new, blank report.
- Click on the CREATE NEW DATA SOURCE link in the lower right corner.
- Skip to the Add the connector section below...
Otherwise if you are using an existing report,
- Make sure you are editing the report. If there is an EDIT button in the upper right corner, then click it.
- In the Resource menu, click Manage added data sources.
- Click the ADD A DATA SOURCE link at the bottom of the list of data sources.
- Continue to the next section...
Add the connector
- In the gallery of available connectors, click the DEVELOPERS button in the upper right corner.
- Paste the deployment ID/code you received from us into the Deployment ID field, and then click VALIDATE.
- Follow the prompts to authorize and configure the data connector.
- When you're done, click the CONNECT button in the upper right.
Check the data
The easiest way to start exploring your custom data connector is to add a table to the Data Studio report and then add various dimensions and metrics to it.